Holidaysweb.be is aware that buying online involves a great deal of trust on your part, and takes that trust very seriously, making it its number one priority to ensure that the personal information that you provide is kept secure and confidential.
(along side the terms and conditions of
use and booking terms and conditions) sets out the basis
on which Holidaysweb.be will process all personal data acquired while
you use this website.
INFORMATION WHICH Holidaysweb.be CAN COLLECT FROM YOU
Holidaysweb.be may collect and process the following information about you:
· Information that you provide to us when you fill in various forms on our website www.Holidaysweb.be. This includes the information provided when you register for an owner’s account on Holidaysweb.be, when documents are put online, when you edit your profile, when you book a stay or request assistance, and includes but is not limited to your name, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone number and, if you are a user offering accommodation to let (an owner), your bank details or your credit card number, or, if you are a user looking to rent accommodation (a tenant) booked through the Holidaysweb.be site, your payment data. Holidaysweb.be may also ask you for certain information in the course of your participation in competitions and promotions sponsored by Holidaysweb.be, or when you report a problem with the site or with a booking to Holidaysweb.be.
· If you contact Holidaysweb.be, it is possible that we will keep a record of the exchange.
· Holidaysweb.be may also ask you to help with surveys which it uses for research purposes. It is up to you whether you wish to participate or not.
· Information on transactions carried out through the Holidaysweb.be site and while booking.
· The details of your visits to the Holidaysweb.be site, including traffic data, location data, the log files of web servers and other communications data, whether required for payment processing or for other reasons, and the resources which you access.
. Holidaysweb.be may listen to, record, retain and use telephone calls, e-mails or other communications between you and it for the purposes of training, prevention of any criminal activity, improving customer services and for verifying any instructions which you give to Holidaysweb.be
Holidaysweb.be may collect information on your computer, including, where available, your IP address, your operating system and your model of browser, for the purposes of systems administration and to provide overall information to its advertisers. This relates to statistical data on the activities and the paths navigated by Holidaysweb.be users, without identifying individual users.
For the same reason, Holidaysweb.be may obtain information on your general internet use through a cookie file stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information which is transferred onto the hard drive of your computer. They help Holidaysweb.be to optimise its site and to deliver an improved and more personalised service. Some cookies are required for the site to work properly.
By registering with the Holidaysweb.be site and continuing to use it, you give consent to our using these cookies.
Cookies are widely
used in order to help websites to operate or to improve their operation, and to
provide certain information to site owners.
You can block cookies by activating the function on your browser which allows you to refuse some or all cookies. However, if you set the browser to block all cookies, you may find that some functions of our site cannot be accessed. Unless you have set your browser to reject cookies, the Holidaysweb.be system will send cookies when you connect to its site.
PLACE OF STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data collected by Holidaysweb.be about you may be transferred and stored outside the Economic European Area (EEA). It may also be processed by persons working outside the EEA and who work for Holidaysweb.be or for one of its suppliers. These persons may be called on to work, inter alia, on the processing of your payment information and on a range of customer services. By the act of submitting your personal data, you declare that you consent to this transfer, storage and processing. Holidaysweb.be will take all the measures reasonably required to ensure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with this data protection charter.
All the information that you provide to Holidaysweb.be is stored on secure servers. All payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. You are responsible for keeping secret any password which Holidaysweb.be has given you (or which you choose yourself) to access parts of its site. Holidaysweb.be asks you not to share this password with anyone whatsoever.
Sending data across the internet is unfortunately never entirely secure. Although Holidaysweb.be does its best to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of information which you submit to its site; all data is sent at your own risk. Once Holidaysweb.be has received your information, it applies strict security procedures and measures in order to prevent unauthorised access.USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Holidaysweb.be uses the data which it stores for you in the following ways:
· In order to present the contents of the site in the way which is the most effective for you and for your computer.
· In order to contact you regarding an advertisement, a booking or a future booking, including providing you with updates on the booking and its confirmation.
· In order to provide you with products and services which you request.
· In order to meet its obligations under contracts of any nature concluded between you and Holidaysweb.be
· In order to manage your account, including the processing of payments and refunds and the sending of notifications.
· In order to allow you to use interactive functions when you select them.
· In order to apply its conditions of use, booking conditions and this data protection charter.
· In order to notify you of changes to its services.
If you are an existing customer, Holidaysweb.be will contact you electronically in order to send you information on products and services similar to those we have previously sold you.
If you are a new customer you will only be contacted electronically after giving your consent.
If you do not wish Holidaysweb.be to use your data in this manner, please indicate in the appropriate box on the form where Holidaysweb.be collects your data (the registration form or on the booking page).PASSING ON YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Holidaysweb.be is designed to allow owners and tenants to share information in order to facilitate the organisation of stays. Advertisements put online by owners, the classifications and opinions of owners and tenants and the information available on owners’ and tenants’ profiles (as described below) are visible to all visitors to the site.
When you register on the Holidaysweb.be site and add your personal information in order to create a profile page, other users will see part of the information on that page. Holidaysweb.be does not authorise users to browse through profiles, but they can access your profile in various ways (for example, if you request a booking, the owner can view your personal profile). You can view and change your profile at any time.
If you put an
advertisement on Holidaysweb.be, the location of your property will be
shown on a map so that potential tenants can see the area and the neighbourhood
in which your property is located. You can choose whether or not to show the
You have the right to ask Holidaysweb.be not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Holidaysweb.be will inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such a purpose or if it intends to pass on your information to third parties for such purposes.